COVID-19 has changed the way almost everything is done, and trade shows are no exception. While we all miss in-person shows, there are many advantages to the virtual marketplace that exhibitors can leverage to stand out in the crowd.
The interface may be different but the primary goals are the same: connect with customers, showcase offerings, and network with peers.
Here are some tips on how to make the most of your virtual booth on the Nursery Guide LIVE platform February 17-18:
Make a good first impression with quality images
Rather than bringing your products to an exhibit hall, in Nursery Guide LIVE you show them off using images, graphics and videos. In many ways, this is a huge advantage. There are no costly shipping expenses or hours of back-breaking labor to arrange large plants. Instead, you show pictures of your products in their prime, no matter what season it is.
• When taking a photo of a plant or product, be sure to get the whole item in the shot. The image can always be cropped and edited later, but poorly-framed photos are hard to salvage with editing magic.
• Invest in a photo editing software such as Photoshop, or use an online service. This will allow you to quickly and easily re-size any image to fit.
• When all else fails, stock images can save the day! There are plenty of free stock images online that you can take advantage of to show off seasonal features such as fall color, flowers or fruit.
Captivate your audience with informative videos
Make your booth engaging by adding videos to the booth’s header space or in the individual products.
• Short and sweet videos are best! Try to get your point across in two minutes or less. Think of it as an elevator pitch.
• You don’t need expensive equipment or a fancy studio. Candid and casual videos filmed on-the-job by your team are a great way to familiarize your customers with your employees.
Save time by pre-populating products from Nursery Guide
Exhibitors with a NurseryGuide.com account can simply log in to the site and check a box next to the listings you want us to transfer over to Nursery Guide LIVE for you. It’s an easy way to populate all of your listings — or just a few — right into your virtual booth. You can add more details and images later if needed.
Connect with potential buyers using conveniently scheduled private chats
Unlike an in-person show when you have to physically be there the entire show, you can schedule specific times when you are available to chat in an online marketplace. Anyone who enters your booth will know what times you are available for a face-to-face conversation. Using a phone or tablet, you could meet with potential clients from anywhere — even offer tours of your facility or product demonstrations at your convenience.
Monitor your metrics from the exhibitor dashboard
With built-in analytics, you can see where your customers are visiting from, how many people have visited your booth and which products they checked out. You can easily collect emails to follow up on future sales..
Gain extra visibility with show specials
If you want to maximize your exposure on a specific listing, upgrade to a show special! For just $50 each, your product will be emblazoned with an eye-catching red banner and get extra exposure on the homepage and the Show Specials page.