Conifers deserve more hype than they get and Oregon growers explain why in this issue of Digger. We also share tips for preventing embezzlement at your business, offloading unwanted plastic nursery containers, and stopping turf infestations of European chafers. We also reveal the winners of the 2020 Farwest Show New Varieties Showcase People’s Choice Awards, as determined by online voting.
In this issue:
- Can-do conifers: As home gardening booms, these unheralded trees shine as wise, low-maintenance investments.
- New Varieties Showcase winners: The votes are in and three winners have been crowned as crowd favorites for the 2020 Farwest Show.
- Preventing fraud at your business: Keep honest people honest, and protect your balance sheet, with these financial review and control tips.
- What to do with plastics: Plant growers, retailers, plastic manufacturers and recyclers consider new tactics for the recycling and disposal of plastics after they’ve reached the end of their useful life.
- The silver linings of COVID-19: President’s Message by Jim Simnitt
- Our Oregon ‘Field of Dreams’: Directors Desk by Jeff Stone
Growing Knowledge an ongoing series provided by Oregon State University in collaboration with the USDA and in partnership with OAN.
- Protecting lawns against European chafer: These scouting and control strategies will help mitigate damage to turfgrass.
Please send your comments on the issue to editor Curt Kipp at email@example.com.