Learn how retail nurseries are bringing customers into the stores during the off-season. Plus, Christmas tree farmers who weathered through the rough recession share their outlook on the future, and Oregon State University talks about their new hazelnut cultivars.
In this issue:
- Retail for the holidays: Garden centers transform themselves into destinations for fall and Christmas.
- O, Christmas trees: The industry’s been on a rough ride, but some silver linings point to a bright future.
- A word of thanks: President’s Message by Mike Hiller
- My Farwest Show favorites: What I’m hearing with Mike Darcy
- Your success is OAN’s mission: Director’s Desk with Jeff Stone
Growing Knowledge, an ongoing series provided by Oregon State University in collaboration with the USDA and in partnership with OAN.
- Ornamental hazelnut cultivars from Oregon State University: New cultivars bring combinations of interesting growth habit, leaf form and color, and resistance to the fungal disease eastern filbert blight.
Please send your comments on the issue to editor Curt Kipp at firstname.lastname@example.org.