Sometimes customers want one thing and climate wants another, but this dilemma presents opportunities for the grower. Also in this issue, researchers and growers explore the use of drones in nursery production, Mike Darcy answers questions received at garden centers this summer, and we meet Ron Kinney — who has been an active member in the growing industry for more than three decades.
In this issue:
- Grower guidance vs customer demand: How growers can influence trends versus understand them.
- Meet the leader: Ron Kinney: Vice president of the Sunset Chapter and state board representative Ron Kinney has been an active member in the growing industry for more than three decades.
- Climbing Skyward: President’s Message by Josh Zielinski
- Honoring the past and charting the future: Directors Desk by Jeff Stone
- Common questions from the summer: What I’m Hearing with Mike Darcy
- Up in the air: Researchers and growers explore the use of drones in nursery production