November 2018 — The People Issue
In Oregon, nurseries and their people ship close to $1 billion worth of ornamental nursery and greenhouse plants per year. That’s why you will seldom find a nursery owner or manager who does not appreciate the critical role of employees at every level.
In this issue:
- Introduction: People. That’s what it’s about
How growers are finding — and retaining — the leaders and workers they need for business success.
- Part one: LEADERSHIP: The leadership farm team
- Part two: LABOR: Working wonders
- Part three: BENEFITS: The essentials of retention
- Support is critical: President’s Message by Mike Hiller
- The Pacheco brothers: Directors Desk by Jeff Stone
- The ‘tangled root ball’: Family-owned businesses must balance work and family roles.