Just as with water to grow crops and labor to transform them, there can be no nursery industry without transportation to deliver products to paying customers. In this special issue, we explore the facets of transportation that can make or break your bottom line.
In this issue:
- Paving the way to market: Nurseries depend on a transportation network under siege from congestion and lack of care, but help is on the way.
- Preparing the load for shipment: Nurseries have different approaches to maximizing the load, making the best use of labor and protecting the cargo.
- Delivering the goods: A strong relationship with carriers ensures the best chance of being able to move loads when customers come calling.
- It’s good to be back on top: President’s Message by Josh Zielinski
- Don’t underestimate the power of email: Pivot Points by Ian Doescher
- Going big on transportation: Director’s Desk by Jeff Stone
Growing Knowledge, an ongoing series provided by Oregon State University in collaboration with the USDA and in partnership with OAN.
- Starting a board for your family business: Bringing in the expertise of outside board members can help take your family business to the next level.
Download a pdf of the full issue: Digger Magazine – November 2017
Please send your comments on the issue to editor Curt Kipp at firstname.lastname@example.org.