Check out the latest, high-tech inventions that were made to solve problems for nurseries, retailers and landscapers. Growers discuss the ups and downs of drone use in the field, lawn care equipment manufacturers share advancements in electrical options, and we even include a profile on GK Machine Inc. and its custom-built farming instruments. Plus, read about the experience garden centers had when pivoting to online sales during the pandemic, and Ron McCabe of Everbearing Services offers practical tips for protecting your business website from cyberattacks.
In this issue:
- OAN Member Profile: GK Machine Inc.: The Oregon-based machinery designer and manufacturer has grown along with the nursery industry.
- Growth from above: Nurseries explore new uses for drones, from inventory to scouting to spray treatment.
- Power pact: Nurseries and landscapers look at electrical alternatives to traditional equipment
- Meeting online customer expectations: Prepare before jumping into online retail, lest the opportunity become a pitfall
- Feeling revitalized: President’s Message by Josh Robinson
- Show your primary colors by voting: Director’s Desk by Jeff Stone
- Protect your business against cybercrime: Digital Growth by Ron McCabe
Growing Knowledge an ongoing series provided by Oregon State University in collaboration with the USDA and in partnership with OAN.
- Keeping lawns healthy: Research points to certain practices for minimizing invasive annual bluegrass
Please send your comments on the issue to editor Curt Kipp at email@example.com.