In this four-part Lean Issue, we dive deeper with Oregon growers to share tactical examples of the new ways they are being efficient in their work. Learn how to identify process steps that add value and those that are wasteful, find the best work flows, read about 5S methodologies for storage and work space arrangement, and discover the Lean concept of continuous flow.
In this issue:
- Building your efficient Lean team: These analytical tools can help nurseries reach the next level of efficiency.
- Identifying value and waste
- Creating ‘standard work’
- Organizing spaces with 5S
- Keeping things moving
- Knowing your customers: President’s Message by Josh Zielinski
- Celebrating Mom: Director’s Desk by Jeff Stone
- Looking at your marketing strategy: Ian Doescher of Pivot Group
Growing Knowledge, an ongoing series provided by Oregon State University in collaboration with the USDA and in partnership with OAN.
- Native plant production and marketing: There are barriers to full adoption of these plants, but also opportunities to promote their adoption
Please send your comments on the issue to editor Curt Kipp at firstname.lastname@example.org.