The Efficiency Issue
Rising costs, labor scarcity and competition create challenges for growers. Greater efficiency can be the answer.
In this issue:
- Your efficient nursery business. We talked to more than a dozen growers and industry colleagues who have become more efficient, and increased their bottom line, by improving their management, workflows, inputs and workspaces.
- Managing for efficiency
- Creating an efficient workflow
- Using your inputs efficiently
- Arranging the workspace
- Efficient marketing: Ian Doescher of Pivot Group offers tips to maximize your outcomes.
- Efficient money: Carol Suruki-Carmany of Moss Adams LLC offers tips for wise spending.
- What does efficiency look like?: President’s Message by Josh Zielinski
- Finding common ground on immigration: Director’s Desk by Jeff Stone
Growing Knowledge, an ongoing series provided by Oregon State University in collaboration with the USDA and in partnership with OAN.
- Optimum watering schedules for Oregon home lawns. Conner Olsen and Alec Kowalewski study to identify the optimal irrigation rate and frequency for perennial ryegrass management in the Willamette Valley.
Please send your comments on the issue to editor Curt Kipp at email@example.com.