This month’s issue of Digger focuses on specialty nurseries. Articles include the challenges and rewards for specialty nurseries, the value of being an influencer, and marketing budget priorities. Also, read about Janet Poot’s tenure in the industry and how OSU researchers are looking at aphid control for Christmas tree growers.
In this issue:
- A corner of the market: The path of the specialty nursery has unique challenges and rewards
- The value of influence: Gaining influence in the nursery industry can be a fruitful pursuit
- Meet the leader: Janet Poot: Following in her parents’ footsteps, the Grower’s Nursery Supply Inc. manager discusses the value of maintaining good business relationships
- Couldn’t stand the weather: President’s Message by Mike Hiller
- Start here: Marketing budget priority list: Pivot Points by Ian Doescher
- Climate change solution: Director’s Desk by Jeff Stone
Growing knowledge, an ongoing series provided by Oregon State University in collaboration with the USDA and in partnership with OAN.
- Pest control for Christmas trees: Evaluating new and old insecticides, and beneficial insects, for aphid control
Download a PDF of the full issue: March 2019
Please send your comments on the issue to editor Curt Kipp at email@example.com.