Learn how wholesale growers are implementing additional precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 on the job, and what changes are being made in the retail garden center experience. This issue also includes Part 2 of our white blooming plants stories, and a leader profile featuring Chris Robinson of Robinson Nursery Inc. Plus, OSU students use open source technology to create a smart irrigation system for greenhouses.
In this issue:
- White and woody: Part 2: This palette of white-blooming trees and shrubs provides strong design options. In April’s issue, Part 1 featured perennials, groundcovers, bulbs, vines, edibles, and hydrangeas.
- Meet the Leader – Chris Robinson: His dream as a young child was to manage the family nursery, but as an adult, he’s also taking on industry leadership.
- Growing in a new way: Growers modify processes to protect their workers against COVID-19.
- Guides along life’s journey: President’s Message with Jim Simnitt
- Becoming a Zoom Jedi Master: Director’s Desk with Jeff Stone
- Seeding the need to garden: What I’m Hearing with Mike Darcy
Growing Knowledge an ongoing series provided by Oregon State University in collaboration with the USDA and in partnership with OAN.
- The smart greenhouse: OSU researchers look to repurpose and adapt high-tech trackers and sensors for plant production.
Please send your comments on the issue to editor Curt Kipp at email@example.com.