Kym Pokorny shares with us the ways plant communities are an emerging concept in landscape design, plus other stories about olive tree trials for cold hardiness and the impending threat of the emerald ash borers to Oregon’s urban ecosystems.
In this issue:
- Natural by design: The concept of designed plant communities combines the synergy of nature with the order and beauty of horticulture.
- Farwest Show Planning Guide: Plan your route through this year’s line up of Farwest Show seminars!
- Fun and business: President’s Message by Josh Zielinski
- Are olives viable for Oregon?: What I’m Hearing by Mike Darcy
- A team effort for your success: Director’s Desk by Jeff Stone
Growing Knowledge, an ongoing series provided by Oregon State University in collaboration with the USDA and in partnership with OAN.
- The emerald ash borers are coming (eventually)!: Oregon urban forest managers take steps to prepare for the impending harmful insect invasion.
Download a PDF of the full issue: Digger Magazine – June 2018
Please send your comments on the issue to editor Curt Kipp at firstname.lastname@example.org.