A GARDEN CENTER START-UP EMPLOYMENT/OWNERSHIP OPPORTUNITY3/18/21
Here’s the story:
We own an antique 7,800 sf building on half a block in Oregon City containing a total of 27,720 sf. It’s the prettiest busy location in Oregon City, across the street from beautiful and historic libraries, churches, and public buildings. Traffic count on 7th Street in front of the building was 15,000 cars per day in 2017.
We had great sales in our Cafe, which we operated for 13 years. We shut the Cafe in 2020 due to Covid. Our existing two retail tenants, an art gallery and a gift shop, operate under month-to-month tenancies.
The building includes: Cafe use: 2,100 sf; Retail use: 2,500 sf; warehouse 2,500 sf with a 20ft ceiling and a 16’ overhead door. We also have a 2,600 sf flagstone-paved patio filled with hydroponic and aquaponic features, with additional 1,260 sf of paved space behind the building inside a fence.
Finally, we have 1,500 sf of gorgeous and mature vertical gardens, both inside and out. Vertical gardens just get more and more beautiful and resilient every year (if you keep them hydrated and fed). We started installing ours in 2012. Our gardens were key to our cafe’s business plans and marketing efforts.
Outdoors, just behind our building, across an alley, we have large garden areas with additional water features.
We think our space is IDEAL for a cafe/retail garden center, perhaps under one operator with a master lease for the whole half-block.
We own the 1/2 block free and clear. We have the resources to fund a garden center start up if we can find the right person to run it. We want to retire, but we also want to build out our 1/2 block to its highest and best use, and we think a garden center is the perfect business.
Courtesy to brokers.
623 7th St., Oregon City, OR..
CONSERVATION NURSERY PLANT SALES4/12/21
The Washington Association of Conservation Districts Plant Materials Center (WACD PMC) is looking for its next Sales Manager. We are a nursery located in Skagit County, WA that produces native seedlings for use in conservation projects. If you have experience in nursery sales and marketing, customer relations, inventory control, know the native flora of the northwest, an excellent communicator and team player this might be a rewarding career opportunity. This is a permanent, full-time position with full benefits. In addition to the skills listed above, the ideal candidate will need to be proficient in the MS Office suite of programs, able to learn our inventory control program, detail-oriented, well-developed customer service skills, able to work in a fast-paced environment, and dependable. We are looking for someone with a degree in horticulture, natural resources, forestry, ag or related field. Suitable work experience may be considered in lieu of a degree. Pay is DOE. Benefits include medical, dental and optical insurance, 10 paid holidays per year, sick leave and a retirement plan. If you are interested and have the qualifications we are looking for, please contact us at: WACD Plant Materials Center 16564 Bradley Rd. Bow, WA 98232 firstname.lastname@example.org
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE2/1/21
Iseli Nursery is accepting applications for an in-house Customer Service Representative. This is a full-time career-oriented opportunity.
Applicants must have strong work ethic, be attentive to details & possess honed communication skills. Industry sales experience preferred as well as a willingness to work in production departments to learn product, people, and procedures.
This position provides medical benefits, 401K with matching employer contribution, 125 flex plan, and a positive work environment.
Candidates may send a cover letter and resume to:
Alicia Fernandez – Human Resources
1(503)663-3822 (Ext 231)
Opportunities out West for Growers. Check our website: flowerworldusa.com.
For jobs and key employees throughout California and the Northwest, call Florasearch, Inc. You know us. For more than three decades we have been bringing together key people and excellent companies in the nursery and greenhouse industries and allied trades. Check our references. Confidential. Employer pays fee.
1740 Lake Markham Rd.
Sanford, FL 32771
Ph (407) 320-8177
Fx (407) 320-8083
Loen Nursery, Inc. – Wholesale Growers & Suppliers of High Quality Plants We are always looking for career oriented skilled staff. Our operations include wholesale growing, shipping, landscape contractor sales, and retail nursery. If you have the interest and skills needed to be a part of our team, please apply. We are growers of container and field grown ornamentals.
We are looking for people in the following areas:
- Sales / Customer Service (Wholesale/Retail)
- Production / Growers / Supervisors
- Shipping and Receiving
- Inventory / Office Management and Admin / Purchasing
- Pesticide / IPM Managers and Applicators
- Irrigation Management / Skilled Laborers
- Outside sales throughout U.S. and Canada
- Controller / Accounting Manager
- Horticultural Website Developer
Applicants with specific work experience or education in the nursery industry is desired. Computer skills, Spanish / English bilingual, plant ID knowledge and equipment operation skills also preferred.
Pay commensurate with experience. Benefits to include: Paid vacation and sick leave, paid holidays, medical and dental insurance. Respond with resume to email@example.com to the specific job for which you qualify.
For more information, please visit us online at www.loennursery.com.
IN GROUND TREE PRODUCTION MANAGER1/7/21
Everde Growers is a leader within the horticulture industry with a true coast-to-coast footprint consisting of over 6,700 acres in production encompassing 14 farm locations throughout Texas, Florida, California, and Oregon. Our superior growing methods and pruning practices ensure consistent high quality and availability. Our inventory mix includes trees, shrubs, perennials, palms, grasses, succulents, tropicals, fruit, and many other items.
We are seeking an In-Ground Tree Production Manager to join our team at Forest Grove, Oregon.
We offer quality benefits -medical, dental, 401k, paid time off.
Candidates that are interested should email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
INSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE7/1/20
TSW Nursery Sales Inc. is seeking a plant-knowledgeable inside sales representative with 3-5 years of sales experience. The perfect candidate must be proficient in MS Office Suite and Quickbooks software, provide excellent customer service, have strong verbal and written communication skills, manage their time, and be organized. Salary commensurate with experience.
Please mail or email cover letter and resume to:
TSW Nursery Sales, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
P.O. Box 1217
Wilsonville, OR 97070
DCA Outdoor, is a national, and vertically integrated green industry organization with two nurseries in Oregon. One nursery occupies 500 acres specializing in the production of high quality bareroot, flowering and fruit trees and the other nursery is 300 container and field acres of evergreen shrubs and trees.
We are seeking a proactive, factual, and highly detailed individual who wants to utilize their IPM knowledge and skills in a company committed to a cutting-edge Pest Management program. You will excel in research and have a strong attention to detail. A successful candidate will have direct communication skills, a streamlined approach, and a desire to manage the process, all of which will be crucial in this position.
We are offering relocation assistance for this position.
1. Innovation: Keep DCA on the cutting edge of modern horticulture in relation to chemical and granular spray programs. Daily, manage the concept of modern IPM techniques as they relate to factors such as fertility, irrigation timing, soil microbial culture, and environmental conditions.
2. Leadership: Train, manage, and lead the crew to promote high quality work while maintaining high levels of productivity.
3. Purchasing: Purchase approved chemicals via the DCA West Coast procurement process
• BS in Agricultural Sciences, Entomology, Horticulture, or related field
• Current Private Applicator’s License
• Experience in chemical and granular spray programs or preemergent herbicide programs
• Experience scouting and documenting pest and disease activity
• To submit your application for this position, please go to www.dcaoutdoor.com/careers.
• Completion of Culture Index survey. Without survey completion, your application is considered incomplete and will not be considered. Survey can be found at: https://www.cindexinc.com/c/A550CC.
LANDSCAPE DESIGN ACCOUNT MANAGER – OUTSIDE SALES2/4/21
Motivated individual sought for outside sales team with reputable independent landscape design firm. Seeking candidate with verifiable experience in either sales, horticulture, design, or construction technology. Enthusiasm and aptitude for great outdoor design projects is required. Compensation package commensurate with verifiable qualifications and experience.
Inquiries: SALES Recruitment at email@example.com for a full job announcement.
NURSERY INDUSTRY PROFESSIONAL5/5/21
Blue Heron Farm, a wholesale nursery in Corvallis, OR, seeks a nursery professional to add to our team. This position includes outdoor walking in all seasons, extensive use of an inventory database and the ability to evaluate plant quality. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more detail.
***MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE***
The Nursery Outlet is currently looking for a Nursery Manager/Supervisor. This would include overseeing the day-to-day operations, greeting customers, sales, plant procurement and maintenance of our nursery grounds. Position is also responsible for managing continued crop maintenance: moving and spacing, shifting, shade/plastic, cleaning/weeding. It is their responsibility to maintain the field stock so that it is orderly, organized, and signed/tagged. The Manager is responsible for unloading field stock trucks, preparing them for purchase, and assessing quality. This job requires continuous standing and walking when performing farm duties. Use of hands in repetitive tasks such as grasping, twisting/turning of wrists. Continuous speaking and hearing for interactions with management, coworkers and customers. Must be able to lift heavy material (50-75lbs This job requires you to work outside rain or shine. You may be exposed to potentially hazardous, conditions; weather, chemical or slippery conditions of work area.
• Must be fluent English speaker (Spanish Bilingual is a plus)
• Valid driver’s license * Must have dependable transportation
• Excellent customer service
Job Type: Full-time. Starting $18-$24+ per hour possible salary DOE. Bonuses based on performance
Hours: (Monday – Friday: 8am – 5pm) (Saturday: 9-4) Hours may vary dependent upon season.
Please email your resume to TheNurseryOutlet@gmail.com or drop off at 17126 Edwin Rd. NE Woodburn, OR 97071
Note: Job description are not intended, and should not be construed to be exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job elements essential for making fair pay decisions about jobs.
PERENNIAL PRODUCTION LEADER4/1/21
We are looking for a high energy perennial production leader! You will lead a team in continuous improvement of our perennial program, from start to finish.
We are a premier wholesale greenhouse, located outside Corvallis, Oregon, home to Oregon State University, and nestled in the Willamette Valley. World class wineries, breweries, cycling and hiking! Minutes from the mountains, minutes from the coast!
At Peoria Gardens, our culture is centered on Respect: respect for others, respect for the environment, respect for the workplace and respect for yourself.
We value diversity. We invest in our people.
Please visit peoriagardens.com/careers for more information.
Please send cover letter and resume to Ben Verhoeven (email@example.com)
DCA Outdoor, Inc, is a national, vertically integrated green industry organization.
Rio Verde, our 300-acre container and field nursery in Cornelius, Oregon has a newly created position for a highly organized, attentive, and detail driven person. You will engage with our customers, update information in our computer system, relay information to internal and external customers. If you are someone who thrives on the accuracy of details, has strong verbal and written communication skills and hold exemplary customer service skills with nursery or horticulture industry experience – we encourage you to apply.
1. Customer Service – Proactively reach out to customers regularly to keep them apprised of product orders and status of plant material and respond to customer inquiries.
2. Order Management – Accurately enter customer orders, monitor the status, and update their order status.
3. Product Availability – Maintain current and future product availabilities information. Partner with the production and inventory teams to ensure ready dates are correct and material is marked on availabilities.
4. Documentation – Document customer interaction and details taken. Add, edit or modify material comments that notes product availability and to alert customers to special advisements.
• High school diploma or GED and/or 5+ years of experience in customer service/inside sales.
• 3+ years’ experience in nursery or horticulture
• Proficiency with technology including Microsoft office and an ERP system (SBI preferred)
• To submit your application for this position, please go to www.dcaoutdoor.com/careers.
• Completion of Culture Index survey. Without survey completion, your application is considered incomplete and will not be considered. You can find the survey at: https://www.cindexinc.com/c/A550CC.
PRODUCTION ASSISTANT DAYTON OREGON4/3/21
Large wholesale nursery is seeking a responsible candidate for carrying out specific jobs assigned by Department Managers and Supervisors. These jobs will be carried out in accordance to or beyond company standards in efficiency, quality, and safety. Our nursery’s goal is to develop an individual with a profound work ethic and knowledge, allowing continued growth and becoming part of a dedicated production team.
– Shipping liaison.
– Updating GIS files for the nursery and exploring additional usage for this software. Field acreages, pump sites, wells, precision agriculture development, irrigation system mapping & other misc. projects.
– Computer system & process development. Learn current system with the intent to adapt and make changes to data & communication flow for better efficiencies.
– Technical Assistance Irrigation
o Drip irrigation development.
o Moisture monitoring development.
o Working with irrigation equipment vendors
– Precision Agriculture
o Developing protocols for GPS tractor usage.
o Research and development.
– Conservation Practices
o Research and development as well as implementation.
Candidate should be familiar with common nursery practices, must have a valid insurable license, and a degree in Horticulture with basic knowledge of plant identification. This is a FT position/Wage DOE- with full benefit package. To apply, send cover letter and resume to: Attn HR
PROPAGATION COORDINATOR/INVENTORY MANAGER5/1/21
Progressive wholesale nursery growing the industry’s finest shade and flowering trees is looking for an experienced Production Coordinator / Inventory Manager with the ability to supervise all aspects of production data to include processing and analyzing inventory records for accounting, production, shipping, and sales at our main office in Boring, OR . Responsibilities include budgeting, purchasing, staffing, work scheduling, shipping, and other administrative duties. Must be a strong leader with good communication and organizational skills and also be a goal-oriented team player. Prefer B.S. degree in horticulture or related field or 5 years equivalent experience. We offer a great benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, 401k, and more. Wages DOE. Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Everde Growers, a leader in the horticultural industry is seeking a Propagation Supervisor to join our dynamic team at our Forest Grove, Oregon location. SUMMARY Propagation Supervisor will be able to work closely with the Production Manager for management and oversight of the Propagation department, including all aspects of propagation production from cutting harvest and preparation, sticking and potting, lay down, growing, finishing, sorting, canning and delivery to internal and external customers. This position will be responsible for executing the propagation production plans as set forth and coordinated through the Scheduling and Availability Departments. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to: scheduling and prioritizing worklists, planning daily production and labor, working closely with growers and the availability team to coordinate planting and cutting collection, reporting and tracking production, scrap, productivity metrics and inventory adjustments. Everde Growers offers a full benefits package including PTO, Sick Pay, Holiday, multiple health and dental options with little out of pocket, 401k, FSA, and a full assortment of voluntary benefits to keep our employees and their families healthy. Candidates that are interested should email resumes to email@example.com
OBC NORTHWEST, INC., CANBY, OREGON 97013
OBC Northwest, Inc. is a manufacturer and distributor of greenhouse, nursery, horticultural, and agricultural supplies. We are a 67-year strong, family-owned company. Our philosophy is to provide superior service and products to all our customers. Our sales and distribution area covers the West Coast, Idaho, Utah, Montana, Hawaii, Canada, and Alaska.
RESPONSIBILITIES: LEAD BY EXAMPLE AND EMBRACE THE OBC NORTHWEST, INC. PHILOSOPHY
• Manage sales team; set sales goals; create sales reports; discover new opportunities • Oversee purchasing; work with purchasing to manage inventory, costs, and margins • Maintain positive vendor relationships • Create new vendor relationships and sales opportunities • Analyze sales monthly, yearly, by employee and sales territory • Stay current on product trends, customer trends, and market changes • Review monthly P/L and annual P/L • Nurture company philosophy with all employees • Participate on management team • Marketing direction – website; YouTube; print ad and trade show scheduling • Discover new sales & growth opportunities
• Bachelor’s degree in Sales & Marketing or equivalent education and experience • 3-5 years sales experience • Excellent verbal and written communication skills • Strength in planning, forecasting, negotiating, and an eye for detail • Strong computer skills in Excel, Word, and not daunted by new skill • Ability to work with many personality types and ambiguity • Strong work ethic, self-motivated and ability to work in fast-paced environment
• Salary commensurate with experience • Company vehicle; lap top computer; phone • Commission and annual discretionary bonus • Full Medical benefits package • Retirement plan
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
WASHINGTON STATE SALES REPRESENTATIVE3/2/21
OBC Northwest, Inc. is seeking motivated person to join our sales team.
Applicant must be knowledgeable in horticulture, agriculture, nursery, and related fields. This position requires strong computer skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, an aptitude for organization, and the ability to multitask. Interested applicant must be dedicated to superior customer service and teamwork.
This is a salaried position with commission; company vehicle; medical, dental, vision benefits; 401K; paid leave.
OBC Northwest, Inc. is a distributer and manufacturer of greenhouse, nursery, horticultural, and agricultural supplies. We are a family owned, 67-year strong company. Our company philosophy is to provide superior service to all our customers. We distribute a full line of products on our company trucks, as well as common carrier. Our distribution area covers the West Coast, Idaho, Utah, Montana, Hawaii, and Canada.
Please send resume to email@example.com
YAMHILL PROPAGATION DEPARTMENT HEAD5/1/21
Large Yamhill County nursery and greenhouse operation seeks a strong candidate to oversee the daily production our propagation facility. The qualified applicant will work with numerous departments including staffing, hiring, labor planning, training while developing programs and production scheduling, coordination, and continued communication within propagation.
- Manage, develop, train, and motivate departmental staff to ensure high quality liners.
- Promote and develop a workplace culture that focuses on safety, quality, profitability, accountability through ethical and honest decisions.
- Track and report departmental metrics for transparency and management decisions.
- Commitment to the WC Prop department as one, while meeting goals and production expectations. Areas of focus include labor, materials, assets while focused on profitability, safety and efficiency of employees and product.
- Maintain professionalism with vendors, customers, coworkers, and organizations.
- Comprehensive knowledge of nursery operations including production, scheduling, labor management, seasonality, cultural practices, planning and timing.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Proven leadership skills with ability to make decisions, supervise and train.
- Experience working through personnel matters from interviewing, hiring, coaching or disciplinary action while being cognizant of company policies.
- Possess a minimum 2-year degree in agricultural sciences, business field or equivalent experience.
- Valid & insurable driver’s license.
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus.
This FT position. We offer a competitive benefit package that includes health insurance, 401k retirement plan, paid holidays, PTO, plus additional optional benefits.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to: Attn HR/Email: