Last update: October 27, 2021
Find your next rock star employee!
ASSISTANT FARM MANAGERPosted: 8/1/21
Moana Nursery in Canby Oregon is looking for a full-time Assistant Nursery Manager, who will work directly with the General Manager. who will work in all areas of the 193 acre wholesale nursery, which has both container yard and field production. We have a parent company in Reno Nevada with three retail stores and a commercial/residential landscape division.
- Production planning, inventory
- Herbicide applications in container yard and fields
- Customer orders
- Fleet maintenance decisions
- Budgeting of annual expenses
- Supply purchasing.
- A strong foundation in common sense
- Strong knowledge of the ornamental nursery business
- Strong knowledge of plant production, growing, propagation
- Experience with irrigation systems, overhead impact sprinklers and drip irrigation
- Experience with wide range of agriculture/farm equipment operation.
- Computer experience
- Bilingual is preferred.
Salary and benefits:
- $55,000-$70,000/year (with bonuses)
- Benefits: 401(k), 401(k) matching
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance, Paid time off, Professional development assistance, relocation assistance.
To apply: Email resume and answers to these questions: Are you willing to work outside in all weather conditions through out the year? What is your education? How long have you been in the nursery business? (5 years preferred) What language(s) do you speak? What license or certification do you have? (driver’s license required; chemical applicator’s license preferred) Please visit our website at www.moananursery.com
ASSISTANT HEAD GROWERPosted: 8/1/21
Smith Gardens in Aurora, Oregon is searching for an Assistant Head Grower to join our team. The ideal candidate will manage the Growing Team under the direction of the Head Grower, and ensure prompt delivery to internal customers. This position spends the majority of time walking and inspecting crops and supervising and training Section Growers and Irrigation Staff to prioritize their daily tasks, scouting, identifying issues with crops, working with the IPM Coordinator, and performing culture trials (GR, fertilizer, dry down, temperature trials).
- Oversee the Sections Growers
- Train on the proper use of irrigation tools and equipment
- Purchase and maintain grower supplies
- Ensure completion of weekly EC/pH testing
- Develop Standard Work
- Help develop continuous Improvement initiatives
- Maintain the health and quality of liners that are received
- Write, present, and manage annual performance reviews.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent communication skills
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
- Strong leadership, teambuilding, and interpersonal skills
- Positive customer service attitude and work ethic.
- Bachelor’s degree in horticulture or related field, three years’ industry experience, or an equivalent combination
- Comprehensive knowledge on production of quality plant material
- Two years’ previous supervisory experience required
- Experience with perennials and annuals are required
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Pesticide applicator’s license (can be obtained once hired)
- Knowledge of biological controls and IPM programs
- Knowledge of PRIVA and ARGUS environmental control systems.
To learn more about our company & view a more detailed job description, visit our website at smithgardens.com. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including immediate PTO accrual, Medical, Dental and Vision after 30 days plus matching 401(k) and Company-Paid LTD after one year. Qualified candidates should send a resume to: human.resources@Smithgardens.com.
ASSISTANT NURSERY MANAGERPosted: 10/14/21
Lovejoy Nursery in Arlington Washington is looking for an Assistant Nursery Manager. Our 100-acre Wholesale (Woody Ornamental) Nursery has a propagation department, container yards and Field Production. This position will be an essential member of the management team, working directly under the Owner/General Manager and with our existing sales and growing teams.
Responsibilities for this position include overseeing the growing process, coordinating and scheduling production of plants for the entire nursery, to monitor growing areas daily, coordinate chemical applications, monitor and adjust nutritional programs, determine plant movements and space planning as needed, to evaluate and implement programs to increase efficiency and reduce labor costs and to work as a collaborative team member to meet the goals of the nursery.
The ideal candidate must have the following skills and experience:
We are hoping to find a candidate whose ultimate goal would be that of assuming the General Manager position for our Nursery. Interested, qualified candidates please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
**Competitive pay with incentive program, paid holiday and vacation, health insurance stipend provided to use toward your insurance plan, 401K, relocation assistance.
CUSTOMER SERVICE – PORTLAND NURSERYPosted: 10/27/21
Portland Nursery is looking for experienced and knowledgeable customer service associates to join our team! We are seeking self-motivated and energetic associates who are able to support all members of our team. Expertise in NW plants and nursery products is a plus!
Skills and Knowledge:
• Good customer service skills with attention to detail.
• Cashier or computer skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be dependable and self motivated.
To apply, email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
EVENTS AND EDUCATION MANAGERPosted: 10/18/21
The Oregon Association of Nurseries (OAN) seeks an energetic Event & Education Manager with a broad range of skills. The Manager works under the direction of the Director of Events and will help plan and manage the several events and programs for the association’s 600 green industry member businesses and partners. Key events are the Farwest trade show, (5,000+ attendees, 400 exhibitors, 3+ hotels room blocks, annually in August), OAN Convention (October or November), OAN Hall of Fame (biannually in February), Duffer’s Golf Tournament (annually in June). Other related industry events and conferences happen throughout the year. The Manager will also serve as a staff liaison for the OAN Education Committee, OAN Greenhouse / Retail Chapter, and the Oregon Garden Foundation.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Manage the development and execution of all educational seminars, including speaker arrangements, budget, promotions, materials, and onsite presentation needs.
- Support event publicity with content creation, copywriting/editing, creative direction and strategy for print and digital marketing campaigns.
- Supervise hotel rooming blocks, maintain weekly pick-up reports and negotiate hotel contracts.
- Manage and support trade show features, including the Farwest Show New Varieties Showcase, Nursery Bus Tours, and networking events.
- Assist with onsite management of events including exhibitor set-up and tear down, enforce rules and provide impeccable customer service to all exhibitors and attendees.
- Assist with coordination and execution of event logistics for the association.
- Closely monitor the budget status of areas of responsibility on an ongoing basis.
- Develop new revenue streams to add to events.
- Assist the association with membership recruitment and retention efforts.
- Meeting/event planning experience of at least three years.
- Degree in related field or additional equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of horticulture and the horticultural industry is preferred.
- Excellent customer service and exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Initiative and motivation to take on projects with intent to improve each component.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Experience with budget management, financial tracking, sponsorship campaigns and contract negotiations.
- Demonstrated ability and/or aptitude in: Windows and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Facebook, Instagram and other social media apps. Familiarity with Filemaker Pro, WordPress and YourMembership is helpful.
This position is full-time, Monday through Friday. Additional hours may be required for special events. Minimal travel is required (two to four times per year, approximately 4 to 5 days each trip) to promote association events and programs at industry trade shows and association events. The OAN offers a competitive salary and generous employment benefits.
The OAN is a not-for-profit membership organization based in Wilsonville, Oregon that represents nearly 600 individual nursery stock producers, retailers, landscapers and related companies servicing the nursery and greenhouse industry. The nursery industry is the largest agricultural commodity in the state, earning more than $1 billion annually. The OAN is the main voice for the Oregon nursery and greenhouse industry within the state, nationally and internationally. Learn more at www.oan.org and www.FarwestShow.com.
Please respond via email with resume, cover letter and salary requirements. Do not contact OAN personnel directly regarding this position.
Oregon’s premier tree grower seeks a self-directed, team-oriented person to manage our 75-acre container growing facility in Boring, Oregon. An internal promotion has opened this opportunity for a team leader whose responsibilities include budgeting, purchasing, staffing, work scheduling, facility development, shipping, and all aspects of growing deciduous trees in containers. Bachelor’s degree in Horticulture or related field preferred, plus at least four years’ experience in container production or management. Spanish language skills a plus. Salary DOE includes a comprehensive benefits package. Send resume and cover letter to:
J. Frank Schmidt & Son Co. Attn: Human Resources P.O. Box 189 Boring, OR 97009
GROWERS – GREEN ROOF PRODUCTSPosted: 9/2/21
Are you looking for a unique opportunity? Be part of a team in the green roof industry? Looking for a hands-on, production-focused grower responsible for our green roof products. Responsible for all cultural aspects to produce “top-notch” crops- irrigation, fertility, weed control, participate with & supervise small crews and work together as a “team” with Production & Planting Line leaders.
Motivated, team-oriented individuals only. Previous growing experience & excellent communication required. Spanish helpful. This is a full-time position offering a good salary & benefits with growth & advancement opportunities with success. Located in Forest Grove. Visit us at www.etera.com. Send letter of introduction and resume to email@example.com
HELP WANTEDPosted: 12/1/20
For jobs and key employees throughout California and the Northwest, call Florasearch, Inc. You know us. For more than three decades we have been bringing together key people and excellent companies in the nursery and greenhouse industries and allied trades. Check our references. Confidential. Employer pays fee.
Florasearch, Inc. 1740 Lake Markham Rd. Sanford, FL 32771 Ph (407) 320-8177 Fx (407) 320-8083
HELP WANTEDPosted: 12/1/20
Loen Nursery, Inc. – Wholesale Growers & Suppliers of High Quality Plants We are always looking for career oriented skilled staff. Our operations include wholesale growing, shipping, landscape contractor sales, and retail nursery. If you have the interest and skills needed to be a part of our team, please apply. We are growers of container and field grown ornamentals.
We are looking for people in the following areas:
- Sales / Customer Service (Wholesale/Retail)
- Production / Growers / Supervisors
- Shipping and Receiving
- Inventory / Office Management and Admin / Purchasing
- Pesticide / IPM Managers and Applicators
- Irrigation Management / Skilled Laborers
- Outside sales throughout U.S. and Canada
- Controller / Accounting Manager
- Horticultural Website Developer
Applicants with specific work experience or education in the nursery industry is desired. Computer skills, Spanish / English bilingual, plant ID knowledge and equipment operation skills also preferred.
Pay commensurate with experience. Benefits to include: Paid vacation and sick leave, paid holidays, medical and dental insurance. Respond with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to the specific job for which you qualify.
For more information, please visit us online at www.loennursery.com.
HERBACEOUS GROWERPosted: 6/14/21
DCA Outdoor, Inc, is a national, vertically integrated green industry organization with a goal to streamline the production and distribution of landscape products. With locations throughout the Midwest and Oregon, we are expanding our team with a newly created position that will work at our Cornelius and Banks, Oregon locations.
We are looking for an experienced plant grower who has advanced herbaceous plant knowledge, excels with systems and processes, and can get things done. If you are someone who flourishes in a fast-paced environment, pays attention to the details, and has strong follow up skills, this could be the job for you!
- Manage Herbaceous program: The herbaceous plant grower works with area crew leaders and crew members to lead, manage, produce and maintain overall plant quality according to the production plan.
- Inventory Control: Ensure the herbaceous growing area maintains an accurate inventory through cycle counts and inventory audits, as necessary. Train area crew leaders to use growing space appropriately based on the production plan and plant cultural needs.
- Plant Health: Work closely with the IPM manager and production manager to ensure the best pest and disease control plan is in place.
- Production Plan: Work closely with herbaceous planning coordinator and production manager to implement production plan according to sales plan and production schedules.
- Training: Develop, schedule and conduct training for operational processes as deemed necessary.
- One year of Green Industry Operation related experience.
- One year of management experience
- Advance knowledge of herbaceous plant production methods and techniques
- To submit your application for this position, please go to www.dcaoutdoor.com/careers.
- Completion of Culture Index survey. Without survey completion, your application will not be considered. Please copy and paste the following into your browser in order to complete the survey: https://www.cindexinc.com/c/A550CC.
Posted: 10/14/21 At Everbearing Services’ Copywriters specialize in writing relevant content for horticulture clients including blog posts, newsletters, website copy, and social media content. Everbearing’s business is built on aiding the horticulture industry and helping our clients embrace online technology for their benefit. Our clients include landscapers, arborists, garden designers, nurseries, online Plant Shops, and more. Compensation is based on experience and skill. Part-time and full-time available. The job of the horticulture copywriter is to help our client’s businesses excel online by creating valuable copy for them to use in all online areas of their business. An aptitude to understand the unique challenges that green industry businesses must overcome to connect their craft with customers is essential to succeed in this role.
Desired Qualifications and Skills:
- Writing skill and talent
- Research abilities to fully understand our clients, their competition, and industries to establish the best tone, language, and voice when writing.
- Self-starter and creative thinker
- Knowledge of marketing skills
- Understanding of the workings of a website
- Background in practical horticulture
- Communications skills
Recurring Tasks include:
- Authoring newsletters with your company’s voice at the forefront
- Writing website pages with Horticulture expertise and authority
- Simplifying your landscape and plant services content so consumers appreciate your craft
- Providing clear service descriptions to give your customers confidence
- Facilitating communication between staff members and clients from a remote work environment
- Using principles of search engine optimization like keyword research to improve customers’ online presence to compete within their industry.
- Social Media Marketing- Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest
- Managing multiple clients and projects, each with their own unique voice
- Ongoing marketing support as priorities grow and change
We are looking for a candidate with integrity, attention to detail, and a commitment to join the team! The most important thing to us is horticulture knowledge, for the right candidate, we will provide training. Compensation is negotiable and dependent on qualifications and skills. Part-time and full-time available.
Send your resume or CV to Ron McCabe at email@example.com
INSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVEPosted: 7/1/20
TSW Nursery Sales Inc. is seeking a plant-knowledgeable inside sales representative with 3-5 years of sales experience. The perfect candidate must be proficient in MS Office Suite and Quickbooks software, provide excellent customer service, have strong verbal and written communication skills, manage their time, and be organized. Salary commensurate with experience.
Please mail or email cover letter and resume to: TSW Nursery Sales, Inc. Attn: Human Resources P.O. Box 1217 Wilsonville, OR 97070 firstname.lastname@example.org
INVENTORY MANAGERPosted: 8/5/20
Are you someone who is being held back from career advancement because of barriers? Then, this is the job for you.
Seeking experienced nursery professionals to join our team. The position is Full Time, Monday to Friday, with some seasonal work required on Saturdays. This management position will be responsible for both internal and external salable crop inventories. Individual who is driven, goal-oriented, organized and is looking for a challenge, please email resume or CV to DiggerJobs@oan.org with Blind Box A in the subject line.
The compensation and benefits offered are extremely competitive. Inquire for more details.
LEAD IRRIGATORPosted: 9/1/21
We need a “hands-on” Lead Irrigator for our team. This is an “in-the-field” position responsible for the proper irrigation of our crops and stock base. This position will work with and oversee a small seasonal irrigation crew. Good communication & coordination with the Production & Planting Line crew leads is critical. Working together as a “team” is essential.
Experience with operating irrigation & pumps, building & repairing irrigation, and organizing & managing a small crew is required. Spanish helpful. This is a full-time position offering a good salary & benefits. Located in Forest Grove. Visit us at www.etera.com. Send letter of introduction and resume to email@example.com
PRODUCTION – Portland NurseryPosted: 10/27/21
Portland Nursery is looking for associates to join the production team at our Stark location! Plant knowledge and passion is a plus.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
• Maintain grounds.
• Move containerized plants of various sizes, in all weather conditions.
• Help with set-up and take-down of greenhouses.
• Participate in bare root pot up.
• Assist in loading zone and watering.
• Maintenance of carts.
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to work in a standing position for up to 3 hours at one time.
• Ability to work in a setting that may contain synthetic fertilizers, herbicides, pesticides and insecticides.
To apply, email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
PRODUCTION MANAGER – Rio VerdePosted: 9/8/21
Rio Verde, located in Cornelius, Oregon, occupies 300 container acres. We specialize in evergreen & deciduous shrubs, conifers, and specialty crops. We are a part of a family of vertically integrated companies in the agricultural, production, and landscape distribution industries.
We are looking for a dynamic leader with an entrepreneurial spirit! The Production Manager will have the drive and tenacity to be responsible for all decisions involving production, including production planning, soil health, fertility, and all other functions of container production. Candidates must have a strong attention to detail and be highly organized, self-motivated, and enjoy a variety of challenging work assignments.
- LMA- lead, manage, and hold theproduction team accountable for execution of tasks, processes, and procedures.
- Organize, prioritize, and manage work flow-plan ahead and monitor work flow to provide for the most efficient operations to ensure the highest possible quality and yield of the crop.
- Inventory and Crop Grading Accuracy- oversee and ensure that processes are followed to maintain the accuracy of the production inventory and grading of the crop.
- People and Equipment Utilization- Organize, plan and execute the allocation of equipment, people and supplies for Production and Harvest Seasons.
- 5+ years of experience in tree, nursery, fruit & vegetable or nut production
- 5+ years management experience managing large crew sizes
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish preferred
- To submit your application for this position, please go to www.dcaoutdoor.com/careers.
- Completion of Culture Index survey. Without survey completion, your application will not be considered. Please copy and paste the following into your browser in order to complete the survey: https://go.apply.ci/s/A550CC0000
REGEN SALES MANAGER
SPRAY TECHNICIANPosted: 10/1/21
Al’s Garden Centers & Greenhouses is looking for an experience Spray Technician at our Hubbard, OR location. Responsibilities include: – Perform fertilization, herbicide and pest management treatments on plants using spray equipment in accordance with weekly schedule and label instructions. – Properly mix and apply plant protection and/or fertilizer products by performing basic calculations, percentages and ratios. – Assist with plant quality maintenance including spacing, trimming, moving plants as needed or instructed. – Assist with plant and shrub orders ensuring timely and accurate fulfillment. – Drive company vehicles (i.e. box truck), tractors, forklifts, etc. when needed. If interested in applying or learning more about this position, please email your resume to email@example.com.