Seeking an Account Manager for our 350 acre wholesale nursery in Hillsboro, OR. The position is full-time with benefits. We are seeking candidates with at least 2 years of customer service experience in the wholesale nursery industry. A 4-year degree is required.
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
ACCOUNT MANAGER – Western US
Mycorrhizal Applications is looking for a Sales Account Manager to drive sales in their Western US territory. Activities will involve working with distributors, manufacturers and growers to increase sales of MycoApply mycorrhizae and a portfolio of biorational products. The candidate can live in OR, WA or CA. Overnight travel is required. For more information on this position please go to https://mycorrhizae.com/careers/.
ASSISTANT PLANT BUYER9/23/20
Teufel Landscape is seeking an Assistant Plant Buyer. Procurement experience in landscaping, construction, plant nursery or related industry. Work is normally Monday – Friday, 40 hr work week. You must have the ability to work indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions. Position reports to our Nursery Manager.
This position works out of our Roy Farm Nursery in Cornelius, Oregon. Assisting our Plant Buyer in daily interaction with local area, regional and national nurseries to acquire the highest quality plant material at reasonable prices.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure
- Horticulture knowledge/experience is a plus
- Good working knowledge of NW landscape plants
- Computer skills in Excel & Word
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong work ethic
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Have a valid Oregon driver’s license
Send resume to email@example.com
DECIDUOUS TREE GROWER7/1/20
Wholesale deciduous tree nursery located in Milton-Freewater, OR is seeking a full-time grower with experience in tree production. Applicant must be fluent in Spanish and English, both reading and writing, and have proven supervisory/management skills.
Ideal candidate will be self-motivated and quality-driven, be honest, a team player, trustworthy and possess a high work ethic standard. Five plus years of horticultural education and/or work-related experience is preferred. Valid driver’s license required.
Moving and/or housing assistance may be available. Wage DOE with full company benefits.
Mail, fax, or email your resume to:
J. Frank Schmidt & Son Co.
Attn: Human Resources
P.O. Box 189
Boring, OR 97009
Portland Nursery is looking for ambitious Department Managers for both our Stark and Division locations! These positions are responsible for the day-to-day supervision of employees and will be expected to carry out the full spectrum of leadership responsibilities in accordance with the company policies and procedures.
• Ability to establish and maintain a good working relationship with staff.
• Establish and maintain high standards of plant quality.
• Maintain an inventory of sales.
• Coordinate new staff training.
• Coordinate seasonal construction and change of displays.
• Assist the Yard Buyer with Paperwork, coding, discards, and returns.
• Sustain a positive and customer focused work environment.
• Support customer policies and procedures.
To apply, email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For jobs and key employees throughout California and the Northwest, call Florasearch, Inc. You know us. For more than three decades we have been bringing together key people and excellent companies in the nursery and greenhouse industries and allied trades.
Check our references. Confidential. Employer pays fee.
1740 Lake Markham Rd.
Sanford, FL 32771
Ph (407) 320-8177
Fx (407) 320-8083
Loen Nursery, Inc. – Wholesale Growers & Suppliers of High Quality Plants We are always looking for career oriented skilled staff. Our operations include wholesale growing, shipping, landscape contractor sales, and retail nursery. If you have the
interest and skills needed to be a part of our team, please apply. We are growers of container and field grown ornamentals.
We are looking for people in the following areas:
- Sales / Customer Service (Wholesale/Retail)
- Production / Growers / Supervisors
- Shipping and Receiving
- Inventory / Office Management and Admin / Purchasing
- Pesticide / IPM Managers and Applicators
- Irrigation Management / Skilled Laborers
- Outside sales throughout U.S. and Canada
- Controller / Accounting Manager
- Horticultural Website Developer
Applicants with specific work experience or education in the nursery industry is desired. Computer skills, Spanish / English bilingual, plant ID knowledge and equipment operation skills also preferred.
Pay commensurate with experience. Benefits to include: Paid vacation and sick leave, paid holidays, medical and dental insurance. Respond with resume to email@example.com to the specific job for which you qualify.
For more information, please visit us online at www.loennursery.com.
IN GROUND TREE PRODUCTION MANAGER 11/2/20
TreeTown USA is a leader within the horticulture industry with a true coast-to-coast footprint consisting of over 6,000 acres in production encompassing 14 farm locations throughout Texas, Florida, California, and Oregon. We are seeking an In-Ground Tree Production Manager to join our team at our Hines Growers division at Forest Grove, Oregon. We offer quality benefits -medical, dental, 401k, vacation, sick. To apply email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
INSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE7/1/20
TSW Nursery Sales Inc. is seeking a plant-knowledgeable inside sales representative with 3-5 years of sales experience. The perfect candidate must be proficient in MS Office Suite and Quickbooks software, provide excellent customer service, have strong
verbal and written communication skills, manage their time, and be organized. Salary commensurate with experience.
Please mail or email cover letter and resume to:
TSW Nursery Sales, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
P.O. Box 1217, Wilsonville, OR 97070
JOURNEYMAN MECHANIC – BORING, OR7/1/20
Large wholesale nursery is seeking a skilled and self-motivated Journeyman Mechanic to join our team in our repair shop located in Boring, OR.
Applicant must have a valid driver’s license and insurable driving record. Candidate must have the ability to work independently and assist other mechanics in the repair and maintenance of vehicles, tractors, forklifts, farm equipment and implements for a large variety of repairs, diagnosis and general service and upkeep.
General Service, Gasoline/Diesel/LPG Engine Repair and Diag., Clutch/Transmission and associated component replacement (Tractor and Vehicles), Brake systems (Hydraulic and Air), Heavy Equipment Repair and Service including drive systems, Electrical Systems and wiring, Hydraulic systems and cylinders, some level of experience with farm equipment.
Any additional experience in welding and/or fabrication is a plus as well as familiarity with diverse farm/nursery implements or tire repair and replacement on vehicles/tractors. Candidate will have good communication and organizational skills, be highly motivated and goal-oriented as well as being aware of and practicing safety in the workplace. Candidate must also possess knowledge of electronic diagnostic equipment and be open to further training and use of electronic data and labor management software platforms. The ability to maintain accurate records by recording service and repairs completed with parts and product usage is vital to the position. Must be able to handle and carry objects up to 80 lbs.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. This is a full-time position with excellent company benefits. Work hours are 40+ hours per week and are conducted inside of a shop but may require outdoor work in potentially inclement conditions out in the fields of the nursery at times. Opportunities for advancement; wage DOE.
Mail, fax, or email your resume to:
J. Frank Schmidt & Son Co.
Attn: Human Resources
9500 SE 327th Ave.
Boring, OR 97009
Shonnard’s Landscape. is seeking a qualified Landscape Designer for a position in our design/build construction division.
* Preparing site plans, specifications, and project estimates.
* Prepare bid/quote documents, present project estimates to customers, and follow through on sales leads.
* Designing projects using computer-aided software (Dynascape).
* Selecting appropriate materials for use in landscape designs.
* Working with installation crews to achieve total customer satisfaction; willing to participate in installations.
* Following projects from design phase to completion.
* Inspecting landscape work to ensure that it adheres to original plans.
* Meeting with clients and building long-lasting partnerships/relationships.
Please email resume, cover letter, and design examples to email@example.com for consideration.
We are a premier wholesale greenhouse, located outside Corvallis, Oregon, home to Oregon State University, and nestled in the Willamette Valley. World class wineries, breweries, cycling and hiking! Minutes from the mountains, minutes from the coast! At Peoria Gardens, our culture is centered on respect: respect for others, respect for the environment, respect for the workplace and respect for yourself. We value diversity. We invest in our people.
We are looking for an energetic grower to join our company. A friendly demeanor and an ability to work well within a group are very important. Just as important is a demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive environment. You will be working closely with a team to oversee plant health from start to finish. This is a fast-paced job, especially so in the spring. You will gain experience in Lean and the Toyota Production System as a means to improve flow and customer experience. Our compensation package includes 3 weeks of vacation, 12 weeks of full pay parental leave, full health and dental and a retirement plan. Preference will be given to candidates with young plant propagation experience. Preferred skills also include bilingual Spanish/English, and familiarity with Microsoft Excel. This position is full-time, with hourly pay based on experience.
Peoria Gardens is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind: Peoria Gardens is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Peoria Gardens are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, gender, age, disability, ancestry, religion, national origin, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression or any other characteristic or classification protected by state or federal law. We look forward to hearing from you! Please send your resume to Ben Verhoeven at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NURSERY ACCOUNT REPRESENTATIVE FOR WEST OF THE ROCKIES11/3/20
EZR Logistics serving the nursery industry seeks experienced and motivated Nursery Account Executive to expand our customer footprint and bring new retailers into our network. The Nursery Account Executive will work with the VP, Sales and Marketing to generate new Nursery and Independent Garden Center leads within the assigned territory.
Deal Sourcing and Execution
- Assess needs of new customers to ensure product-need fit.
- Develop sales plans for achieving revenue targets within a defined region.
- Create and execute multi-faceted prospecting plan to create and close new client opportunities that meets or exceeds monthly acquisition objectives.
- Input and manage all sales opportunities through Salesforce.
- Partner with management and other staff to communicate sales problems & solutions, geographical business observations, customer feedback.
- Participate in weekly sales meetings, which will include sales pipeline forecasting and management.
- Source, quantify and close select opportunities at nurseries who are currently not clients.
- Understand and communicate benefits of company and product/service offering.
- Ensure that onboarding team has all data necessary to ensure success.
NURSERY INVENTORY CONTROL SYSTEMS SPECIALIST9/23/20
Teufel Landscape is seeking a Nursery Inventory Control Systems Specialist. This position is 40 hour work week, Monday – Friday, working out of our Roy Farm Nursery in Cornelius, Oregon. Reports to our Nursery Manager.
- Good knowledge of northwest nursery stock.
- Very good computer skills and understanding of inventory/billing data bases.
- Self Starter who is able to work outside in all weather
- Physically able to frequently walk outside over uneven terrain in all weather.
- Able to spend extended periods of time at a desk entering inventory data
- Good communicator who works well with others in a dynamic fast-paced office
- Able to take direction
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be insurable under Teufel Insurance.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com
NURSERY INVENTORY MANAGER9/28/20
Patterson Nursery Sales, Inc., a wholesale grower and brokerage is now looking to hire an EXPERIENCED nursery inventory specialist to manage ALL aspects of nursery inventories including in ground production, container production, and a wide assortment of brokered plant material. Candidate must have an extensive knowledge of nursery stock as well as excellent computer skills. Salary commiserate to individual’s skills. This is not a starter level position. Please respond via email to Bill@Pattersonnurserysales.com. All applicants remain confidential, thank you for inquiring!
NURSERY SALES PERSON10/14/20
Looking for an energetic and friendly person to join our sales team helping to take care of key accounts as well as prospect for new business. Position is primarily based out of our office, with road trips each quarter as COVID restrictions permit. This is not a remote work position. Duties include sales calls, order entry and allocations, assisting with invoicing and shipping paperwork. Skills required are industry experience (3+ years preferred), experience with nursery sales and production software, proficiency at Excel and Outlook, and comfortable with social media and Zoom platforms. Our operation is a small family business without a huge hierarchy of managers. The ability to be yourself and work independently are valued. We are located in the Willamette Valley. Position is salaried with Company paid healthcare for the employee, a retirement plan, and paid time off benefits. To apply, please email cover letter and resume to DiggerJobs@oan.org with Blind Box A in the subject line.
PLANT PROCUREMENT MANAGER10/5/20
Pac Green Landscape in Woodburn, Oregon is looking for a Plant Procurement Manager. The primary function of this position is to procure plants and trees for contracted projects. Use Excel spreadsheet to track locations of plants and trees, schedule pick-ups and deliveries as well as manage inventory on location.
• Candidate MUST have good knowledge northwest nursery stock.
• Very-good computer skills.
• Self-Starter with critical thinking skills.
• Physically able to frequently walk outside over uneven terrain in all weather.
• Able to spend extended periods of time at a desk.
• Effective and respectful communication skills.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and be insurable under company policy.
This position will have other office job duties as needed and requested. Contact Annie Mock at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-982-5084 to apply.
Adapt8, a leading design, manufacturer & distributor of greenhouses throughout the US and the world, is looking to hire a strong Sales Leader. Adapt8 is a second-generation family business with a reputation as a leader, innovator, and green company in this rapidly growing, increasingly important industry. Adapt8 is the inventor of Solexx, a superior greenhouse covering with unusual qualities that grow healthier, larger, and earlier producing crops. Adapt8 sells B2B and B2C in all 50 states and has greenhouses in over 20 countries. Adapt8 is changing the way the world grows food with innovative products for agricultural, gardening and industrial uses. Adapt8’s new Sales Leader will have role in developing sales and staffing strategies, coach and manage a team, and manage our growing customer base with on-site customer visits. Adap8’s significant growth plan requires expanded sales and marketing efforts across all business and product lines. The successful candidate will seek to grow their own skills as well as develop a sales department. This player-coach role will take on greater responsibilities as the company grows. As a family-managed company, Adapt8 values its employees. Our employees are willing to grow—personally, professionally, and in the greenhouse! We offer excellent benefits. For more information about Adapt8 and the Sales Leader position, see our website at: https://adapt8.us/careers