NEW! For those displaced by the COVID-19 pandemic, we have created a list of nurseries and greenhouses hiring for general/labor production work. All companies have pledged to comply with Oregon’s social distancing requirements for workplaces.
View the list of companies.
ASSISTANT PLANT BUYER9/23/20
Teufel Landscape is seeking an Assistant Plant Buyer. Procurement experience in landscaping, construction, plant nursery or related industry. Work is normally Monday – Friday, 40 hr work week. You must have the ability to work indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions. Position reports to our Nursery Manager.
This position works out of our Roy Farm Nursery in Cornelius, Oregon. Assisting our Plant Buyer in daily interaction with local area, regional and national nurseries to acquire the highest quality plant material at reasonable prices.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure
- Horticulture knowledge/experience is a plus
- Good working knowledge of NW landscape plants
- Computer skills in Excel & Word
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong work ethic
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Have a valid Oregon driver’s license
Send resume to email@example.com
Cistus Nursery Propagator
Cistus Design Nursery is looking to hire a propagator. This person would be in charge of making more of what Cistus does best! Also provide a large and diverse plant palette to gardeners everywhere and test new collections and breeding for introduction. Preferred experience as follows: Cuttings of woody evergreen and deciduous plants; Division of bulbs and perennials including Mediterranean species; Seed and spore sowing treatments; Timing and numbers coordination; Potting and shaping of plants for their journey; Organizing and tidying of propagation house areas. Hours will be 2-3 days per week starting at $14/hr. Please send all resumes to Andrew@cistus.com.
DECIDUOUS TREE GROWER7/1/20
Wholesale deciduous tree nursery located in Milton-Freewater, OR is seeking a full-time grower with experience in tree production. Applicant must be fluent in Spanish and English, both reading and writing, and have proven supervisory/management skills.
Ideal candidate will be self-motivated and quality-driven, be honest, a team player, trustworthy and possess a high work ethic standard. Five plus years of horticultural education and/or work-related experience is preferred. Valid driver’s license required.
Moving and/or housing assistance may be available. Wage DOE with full company benefits.
Mail, fax, or email your resume to:
J. Frank Schmidt & Son Co.
Attn: Human Resources
P.O. Box 189
Boring, OR 97009
FRONT DESK COORDINATOR9/21/20
Sobella Nursery is a fast growing, family owned grower/broker nursery in Damascus, Oregon. We specialize in growing high quality trees including maples and arborvitae, brokering high quality and specialty trees, and providing personalized service for customers across the US. We ship trees year round.
We are a fast-paced business with a small dedicated team. We are looking to fill a full time Front Office Coordinator position. Our ideal candidate will be self-motivated, process and detail oriented, with excellent communication and computer skills. Plant knowledge and Nursery experience preferred, but not required. If you are looking for a rewarding career, with growth potential, working with a team dedicated to quality, customer service and continuous improvement, then this is the opportunity for you.
Our successful candidate will execute the day to day activities of our front office including answering phones, managing email, interacting with customers and sales reps, order management, coordinating deliveries and general tasks necessary to keep the office organized and operating efficiently. This candidate will primarily work independently and always interact positively with other staff, vendors, drivers and customers. This position reports to the Office Manager, but also works directly with the Operations Manager and the Nursery Owner.
Responsible for day to day activities in the office, including-
- Customer Service- Provide professional and positive customer service to every person you interact with in person, by email or phone
- Order Management- Manage new and changed orders, Communicate to customers and nursery staff about order details, data entry and filing
- Delivery Coordination- Organize deliveries, Prepare paperwork, Communicate to customers and nursery staff about delivery details
- Execute weekly marketing newsletter
- Deliver quality in all aspects of the position
- Other duties as assigned
Customer Service and Office experience.
Strong Computer skills. Microsoft Excel proficiency preferred.
Expert verbal and written communication skills.
Strong attention to detail.
Ability to multi task and work quickly in a fast paced environment.
High School diploma or equivalent required; secondary degree preferred.
2+ years’ experience in Office/Customer Service setting with increasing responsibility over time.
Computer literate and proficient using Microsoft Office applications including MS Excel and Outlook.
Excellent customer service and communication skills.
Organized and detail-oriented.
Knowledge of trees and/or Nursery experience, a plus.
Must be legal to work in the US.
Able to pass a criminal background check.
Please send cover letter and resume to Kat at firstname.lastname@example.org
For jobs and key employees throughout California and the Northwest, call Florasearch, Inc. You know us. For more than three decades we have been bringing together key people and excellent companies in the nursery and greenhouse industries and allied trades.
Check our references. Confidential. Employer pays fee.
1740 Lake Markham Rd.
Sanford, FL 32771
Ph (407) 320-8177
Fx (407) 320-8083
Loen Nursery, Inc. – Wholesale Growers & Suppliers of High Quality Plants We are always looking for career oriented skilled staff. Our operations include wholesale growing, shipping, landscape contractor sales, and retail nursery. If you have the
interest and skills needed to be a part of our team, please apply. We are growers of container and field grown ornamentals.
We are looking for people in the following areas:
- Sales / Customer Service (Wholesale/Retail)
- Production / Growers / Supervisors
- Shipping and Receiving
- Inventory / Office Management and Admin / Purchasing
- Pesticide / IPM Managers and Applicators
- Irrigation Management / Skilled Laborers
- Outside sales throughout U.S. and Canada
- Controller / Accounting Manager
- Horticultural Website Developer
Applicants with specific work experience or education in the nursery industry is desired. Computer skills, Spanish / English bilingual, plant ID knowledge and equipment operation skills also preferred.
Pay commensurate with experience. Benefits to include: Paid vacation and sick leave, paid holidays, medical and dental insurance. Respond with resume to email@example.com to the specific job for which you qualify.
For more information, please visit us online at www.loennursery.com.
INSIDE SALES MANAGER9/16/20
DCA Outdoor, Inc. is a national, vertically integrated green industry company that has locations throughout the United States. We currently have a need in Oregon for a Sales Manager.
Rio Verde sits on 300 acres full of evergreen shrubs and trees and Schwope Brothers West Coast sits on 500 acres with high quality bareroot, fruit, shade, and deciduous trees.
We have an immediate need for a proactive, assertive and driven Inside Sales Manager who has the ability to motivate, manage to results and thrives in a quick-paced environment. The ideal candidate will be solutions focused while driving Oregon’s sales and marketing process through shipping.
1. Lead, Manage and hold Accountable – Manage a team that consists of Customer Service, Account Representatives, and inside sales.
2. Strategy – Manage pricing, discount and promotional strategies for both nurseries.
3. Process Management– Manage the Rio Verde and Schwope Brothers West Coast entire sales process through shipping.
4. Marketing of Products– Create and set marketing campaigns, manage product promotions, and take pictures of products in our inventory.
• BS/BA degree in a relevant field or substitution of degree with 7+ years of directly related experience.
• Successful experience managing inside sales, customer service and/or account representatives.
• Technology: Experience with a CRM (preferably SalesForce) and with using an ERP system.
• To submit your application for this position, please go to www.dcaoutdoor.com/careers.
• Completion of Culture Index survey. Without survey completion, your application is considered incomplete and will not be considered. Copy and paste the following into your browser in order to complete the survey: https://www.cindexinc.com/c/A550CC.
INSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE7/1/20
TSW Nursery Sales Inc. is seeking a plant-knowledgeable inside sales representative with 3-5 years of sales experience. The perfect candidate must be proficient in MS Office Suite and Quickbooks software, provide excellent customer service, have strong
verbal and written communication skills, manage their time, and be organized. Salary commensurate with experience.
Please mail or email cover letter and resume to:
TSW Nursery Sales, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
P.O. Box 1217, Wilsonville, OR 97070
JOURNEYMAN MECHANIC – BORING, OR7/1/20
Large wholesale nursery is seeking a skilled and self-motivated Journeyman Mechanic to join our team in our repair shop located in Boring, OR.
Applicant must have a valid driver’s license and insurable driving record. Candidate must have the ability to work independently and assist other mechanics in the repair and maintenance of vehicles, tractors, forklifts, farm equipment and implements for a large variety of repairs, diagnosis and general service and upkeep.
General Service, Gasoline/Diesel/LPG Engine Repair and Diag., Clutch/Transmission and associated component replacement (Tractor and Vehicles), Brake systems (Hydraulic and Air), Heavy Equipment Repair and Service including drive systems, Electrical Systems and wiring, Hydraulic systems and cylinders, some level of experience with farm equipment.
Any additional experience in welding and/or fabrication is a plus as well as familiarity with diverse farm/nursery implements or tire repair and replacement on vehicles/tractors. Candidate will have good communication and organizational skills, be highly motivated and goal-oriented as well as being aware of and practicing safety in the workplace. Candidate must also possess knowledge of electronic diagnostic equipment and be open to further training and use of electronic data and labor management software platforms. The ability to maintain accurate records by recording service and repairs completed with parts and product usage is vital to the position. Must be able to handle and carry objects up to 80 lbs.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. This is a full-time position with excellent company benefits. Work hours are 40+ hours per week and are conducted inside of a shop but may require outdoor work in potentially inclement conditions out in the fields of the nursery at times. Opportunities for advancement; wage DOE.
Mail, fax, or email your resume to:
J. Frank Schmidt & Son Co.
Attn: Human Resources
9500 SE 327th Ave.
Boring, OR 97009
NURSERY INVENTORY CONTROL SYSTEMS SPECIALIST9/23/20
Teufel Landscape is seeking a Nursery Inventory Control Systems Specialist. This position is 40 hour work week, Monday – Friday, working out of our Roy Farm Nursery in Cornelius, Oregon. Reports to our Nursery Manager.
- Good knowledge of northwest nursery stock.
- Very good computer skills and understanding of inventory/billing data bases.
- Self Starter who is able to work outside in all weather
- Physically able to frequently walk outside over uneven terrain in all weather.
- Able to spend extended periods of time at a desk entering inventory data
- Good communicator who works well with others in a dynamic fast-paced office
- Able to take direction
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be insurable under Teufel Insurance.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
RETAIL GARDEN CENTER MANAGER9/15/20
Skagit Valley Gardens: 18923 Peter Johnson Road, Mount Vernon WA 98273
Manages and oversees the Skagit Valley Gardens Retail Center (established in 1982 with very strong reputable presence in the regional retail nursery industry) and is responsible for managing all aspects of the Retail Nursery Center including but not limited to team management and scheduling, inventory management and ordering, budgeting, merchandising, business expansion, training and customer service.
The Garden Center Manager is to operate the retail business efficiently and within a defined budget. This position does require some weekend work.
Applicants must have a minimum of 3 years experience (5 years preferred) managing a retail garden center and are experienced with seasonal ordering and northwest plant material.
Contact Eric Hull – General Manager for more detailed information at 360-941-8678 or email@example.com