Following a nationwide search, a search committee has selected five finalists for the vacant position of dean of the College of Agricultural Sciences at Oregon State University, and director of the Oregon Agricultural Experiment Station. According to search committee director Cyril Clarke, the committee plans to bring the candidates out for on-campus and statewide interviews with various college stakeholders from Feb. 5-25. The five finalists were chosen from among 11 interviewed candidates and 40 initial applicants. They include:
- Dr. Craig Beyrouti, head of the Agronomy Department at Purdue University;
- Dr. Gregory Bohach, director of the Idaho Agricultural Experiment Station and associate dean of the College of Agricultural and Life Sciences at the University of Idaho;
- Dr. Bill Boggess, interim dean of the College of Agricultural Sciences at OSU and executive associate dean for the college;
- Dr. Steven Lommel, interim associate dean for research in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences at North Carolina State University, and assistant vice-chancellor for research and graduate programs there; and
- Dr. Sonny Ramaswamy, director of agricultural research programs and associate dean of the College of Agriculture at Purdue University.
“The large number of candidates selected for on-campus interviews reflects the exceptional quality of the applicant pool and the excellent reputation that the College and Agricultural Experiment Station enjoy nationwide,” Clarke stated in an e-mail to stakeholders. You can read the candidate biographies and their interview dates here. The person chosen will replace Dr. Thayne Dutson, who served in the position from 1993 until his retirement on June 30, 2008.