With marijuana now legal to grow in Oregon, the state government and established agricultural industry are attempting to get cannabis production under control. Download a PDF of this article.
Other features in the February 2016 issue include:
- Gardens beautiful enough to eat — Retail garden centers, take note: edible landscaping is one of the hot trends for 2016. Download a PDF of this article.
- Meet the Leader: Jim Simnitt — The incoming secretary of OAN’s Executive Committee talks about how he got into the nursery business and what’s needed to attract new blood.
- A bright future for urban food forests — Growers and landscapers stand to gain when community members create edible-friendly green spaces on public lands.
- Soil solarization — Discover this hot tool for managing diseases and weeds in container nurseries and field production.
- Celebrating the 33rd star: OAN’s executive director gives a history lesson on the origins of Oregon’s statehood. Download a PDF of this article.
- Oregon Association of … Cannabis? OAN’s president wonders whether cannabis growers belong in the organization. Download a PDF of this article.