Welcome to Day Two of the Farwest Trade Show! Are you thoroughly recovered from last night’s Pub Crawl yet? No matter — the show has several great things happening throughout the day, including a trifecta of great presenters (Armitage, Stanley and Norris) right off the bat at 9 a.m.:
- Garden Retailing: Getting to 2020 with John Stanley — 9 a.m. in Room B1156-116 (seminar pass required) — Stanley will expand upon his thoughts in yesterday’s keynote session, pondering how retailers can survive all the changes coming to business overall, and particularly retail, in the next few years.
- Crazy Plants for Crazy Gardeners with Dr. Allan Armitage — 9 a.m. in Room B110-112 (seminar pass required) — Your customers want more than red geraniums. He even says it in the subtitle of the presentation. What, then? Dr. Armitage will talk about it in this can’t-miss one-hour session.
- Growing a Nation of Gardeners: A Fusion of Public and Retail Horticulture, with Kelly Norris — 9 a.m. in Room B117-119 (seminar pass required) — The Baby Boom generation that loves gardening, and spends money doing it, is not getting any younger. Are there enough gardening fiends amongst the Millennials to replace them? If not, then what? We need to promote a love of gardening, for the good of the nation as well as our industry. Horticulture expert Norris will discuss how we get there.
- Retailer’s Choice Awards Ceremony — 4 p.m. in The Idea Center, located at the northwest corner of the show floor, next to the Growers Showcase. A jury of show attendees has been scouring the Farwest Show floor in search of the most innovative and unique products. Here, hosts Sid Raisch and Danny Summers will announce the winners. This is a quick and easy way to learn about lots of cool new stuff, all in one fell swoop.
- Women in Horticulture — 4:30 p.m. in the VIP Lounge on the second floor. This networking event will feature author/speaker/journalist Shawna Lee Coronado, who is a “green evangelist.” She will share her ideas on how to inspire greater interest in plants — something every grower and retailer should be interested in.
Want to know more? Check back here for highlights of the sessions and events you might have missed, or download the Farwest Show App for iPhone or Android to put the entire show in your pocket — schedules, highlights, alerts, social media and more! Need a better connection so you can download it faster? Stop by the OAN Resource Center (Booth #13027 on the show floor) and tap into the free WiFi connection there. Just ask for the password.