A feature article on the re-emergence of begonias (PDF) is the cover story for the new April issue of Digger magazine. This issue has an unmistakable greenhouse focus. You can read the entire issue page-by-page as a flipbook here — fast connection recommended — or download the individual articles as PDF files. Additional articles in the April issue include:
- Truly connected (PDF) — Greg and Tamara Clift of McKenzie River Nursery enjoy growing their relationships with plants, retail customers and each other;
- Drawing on ingenuity (PDF) — How Bizon Nursery created an innovative, scalable water recapture and storage system;
- Piped-in nutrition (PDF) — How greenhouse growers can use fertigation to apply water and fertilizers to their crops at the same time;
- The downside of combination fungicides (Oregon State University Growing Knowledge series) (PDF) — Researchers believe that pre-packaged fungicide mixes can elevate the risk of developing pathogens that are resistant to treatment; and
- The hope of spring (Director’s Desk) (PDF) — Jeff Stone, OAN executive director, looks at how the principles of winning baseball on a modest budget might help the nursery industry win in the marketplace.
You can now view our Classifieds online. Simply click to download the most recent version (Note: Updates every month).Digger has been serving the nursery industry in the Pacific Northwest and nationwide for more than 50 years. It is mailed for free every month to nearly 8,000 nursery professionals. Would you like to be one of them? Simply fill out this handy online form.
Would you like to advertise in Digger or other OAN publications, or sponsor an OAN event? It’s a great way to reach industry professionals. Check out our new Exposure Kit for 2012.