From selling arrangements in high quality containers and keeping customers coming back, to discovering the latest technology for efficient greenhouse heating, the annual Greenhouse Issue has the best tips for you. We also meet the people who grew Spring Creek Gardens from a small fruit stand, to a big box store wholesale grower. This issue also recaps the Nursery Guide LIVE exhibitor experience, which is open for public access until April 5.
In this issue:
- Member profile: Spring Creek Gardens Inc.: Brent and Becky Skiles grew a small fruit stand into a major greenhouse operation that serves big and small buyers.
- The approachable container: Helping consumers break the rules of design, for fun and profit.
- Feeling the heat: Greater efficiency in greenhouses can reap big rewards
- Nursery Guide LIVE impresses online visitors: The OAN virtual marketplace paired buyers and suppliers for making next season count.
- Brighter days ahead: President’s Message by Kyle Fessler
- A pause of appreciation: Directors Desk by Jeff Stone
- Positive indications for 2021: What I’m Hearing by Mike Darcy
Growing Knowledge an ongoing series provided by Oregon State University in collaboration with the USDA and in partnership with OAN.
- Villains of the greenhouse: When seedlings fail, Rhizoctonia damping-off, root and stem rot may be the cause.
Please send your comments on the issue to editor Curt Kipp at firstname.lastname@example.org.